Saturday, February 25, 2012

18 weeks!

How far along: exactly 18 weeks, which means 5 months! i really really really can't believe I was nearly three months before I found out I was pregnant. This has been going so fast, and i know it'll be over before I know it, but 5 months is just about half way. Still deathly afraid of LABOR!

Total Weight Gain: I've gained about 14 pounds. I talked to my doctor about working out because I really don't want to go over the healthy 20 lb pregnancy weight gain goal! and that is approaching fast, so I've started doing more activity like taking walks instead of driving to places like the gas station... I'm going to start the actual gym process this week too!

Maternity Clothes: They are my fav. I've been rocking yoga pants mostly this week, except we had a few special occasions this week and I thanked the lord for the lovely maternity jeans I have. Have i mentioned I like my maternity jeans better than real jeans? they are adorable haha

Sleep: lets not talk about this haha. So i just had to stop sleeping on my tummy, it's too uncomfortable and more importantly it's getting big so I dont want to squish the baby...but this leaves me really uncomfortable just because I'm not used to it. I hope it goes away..but since I literally just stopped like three nights ago, I'm exhausted.

Miss anything: I really wanted a red-bull today! soooooo bad

Movement: he's seriously making me anxious. My doctor said it should be happening any day, but I hate waiting. I just want him to start moving right now....I've been making myself crazy anticipating what it will feel like. I think it's going to either be really painful or like a roller-coaster stomache-feeling. People describe the whole 'butterfly sensation' but I can't picture butterflies fluttering away in my stomach so for now this is what I'm thinking. Hopefully he starts kicking .... tonight :)

Food Cravings: nothing really! I started getting a sore throat, and have had ice-cream like 3x this week because it felt really good hahha.

Any new habits: nooooo. Jeffrey and I have really been spending every day, every minute together and I love it! As soon as I come in, I set my things down and we just sit on the couch for hours talking and stuff with no TV/phone/annoying things. It's the best times! And he started talking to the baby alot. *personally I think he started talking to my belly so much because I told him the baby can hear me now...and he doesn't want to be secluded so he's trying his hardest haha.

Things making you sick: No. Im doing pretty good here, can't think of anything! I have been getting really irritated with my skin itching, so lotion is on the night-stand now.

Starting to show yet: yes. I really love my picture this week. it's a big ol belly..or at least to me haha! tonight I was like telling Jeff how crazy it is I'm pregnant. I was like "it's just weird now that I have this belly. like I'm Pregnant?! it never gets old." and he's like " I think you've said that every night this week" hahaha.

Gender prediction: we have our little baby boy! :)

Best moment this week: This week we had a doctors checkup. She told me to start looking out for some baby kicks, so I've been stopping mid-sentence in a conversation if I feel anything going on in my belly. For the most part, I think he isn't kicking yet. He had his foot out the other day, and I could feel that. It was cute & just poking out for a couple hours..but nothing since than. I've had a crazy case of acne during this pregnancy, so I just bought Centaphil which is an amazing acne wash- i recommend this to everyone!! Better than proactive definitely. My dad bought me a bassinet...to help us stress less about SIDS. Most people don't like bassinets because children grow out of them so fast, but if thats 5 months I can sleep better knowing my child is right next to me, than I'll pay whatever. No stretchmarks so far! I'm pretty confident I'll be getting some though because my mother had them, and my skin is itching like a mad-men, but I'm not going to stress over what I can't control. Other than that, I've been really happy! and wouldn't change a thing!! I feel SO blessed to be so comfortable in my own skin, to have a family that is so fun and loves me so much, to be so fortunate and do great things like baby shop & arts&crafts, and to cherish all the moments-both good&bad.

hope everyone is doing great :) !

No comments:

Post a Comment