Friday, February 17, 2012

My Pregnancy Must-Have's!

So I've noticed that every pregnant women has a variety of things they reccommend and swear by while they are pregnant. I have a couple things I'd reccomend getting for expecting mothers myself. These are the majority of things that I've adapted since being pregnant, and use religously.










*Lysol Disinfectant Spray- The last thing I want to be is sick so I invest a lot of money into sprays like Lysol. I spray it over my bedding, pillows, couch etc. every night to try and make the house as clean & healthy as possible. I think it’s a good habit to get in because babies get sick fast. Sometimes the smell is a little overwhelming, so I also have a couple cans of febreeze to make the house smell pretty. Love my sprays!


*Prego Book- I haven’t finished this book yet, but I’m about half-way through and really LOVE it. It gets me laughing out loud all the time, and is great with advice. I feel like it’s the perfect book because the other books are really “preachy”, and scare me some. This puts a realistic spin on everything for me!



*Olay Body Wash- People have their own body wash, and after trying every single brand on the shelves, I’ve finally found the one I love love love! Being pregnant has made my skin dry, and with all the changes going on, I don’t’ always feel so clean & pretty like I used to. These bodies wash smells like pure heaven, So girly! But the best part is how soft it makes my skin. It’s like a 5-in-one body wash.


*Body Pillow- This is the #1 universal item recommended for pregnant women and for a good reason. Nobody touches my body pillow at night time hahaha


*Maternity Jeans- Who would’ve thought these would ACTUALLY be great to wear being pregnant and all? Hahah. I just bought a couple pairs last week, and I really regret not buying them sooner. The second your belly starts growing, there really isn’t a jean size out there that will make you feel as comfortable as these. The jeans I have now are so cute, with diamonds all over the pocket & everything; they just have this amazing supportive belly band to make it as comfortable as possible. I hope everyone else isn’t as stubborn as me and gets these asap.


*Snacks- When you are pregnant, hunger can strike at any moment and when it does, you better be ready lol. The best way to fight this off has been to invest in little snacks and small meals. I personally love things like string cheese, raviolis, sandwiches etc. They are all easy to make, easier to eat and help the embarrassing tummy growls that happen 1234234x a day.


*Sweat Pants- there isn’t a better time to pull of being a bum and wearing sweat pants than when you are carrying a child, but I think you can still make them cute. I’ve found yoga pants, with no tight elastic or ties around the top are the best. If they are still tight fitting, than it gives your body some figure and you still end up comfortable so it’s a win-win. The loose sweatpants just make me look terrible!


*Baby Oil- I’ve always done this, but putting baby oil on right after the show before you dry off is the best way to keep my skin soft and hopefully is another way to prevent stretch marks! It’s just a great way to keep my skin soft all day!



I'm sure I'll be adding things to the list as I get further along, but as of 17 weeks pregnant- this is my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment