Thursday, February 9, 2012

16 weeks




How far along:
16 weeks! It's flying by.

Total Weight Gain: haven't weighed myself in a while, but last doctor's appointment which was a week ago was 10 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Thankfully yes. I went shopping and bought a couple more cardigans, and some comfortable pants. I'm going to wait like three more weeks before I invest in some good maternity pants just because I don't know what size to get...for now-sweatpants work!

Sleep: sleeping is perfect now. Second trimester really is a much better time!

Miss anything: I miss little things like tanning, and drinking wine...but this is a experience I only have for 9 months and I REALLY want to enjoy it all so those aren't things I'm terribly upset by.

Movement: o my gosh not yet, but I am waiting! At the doctor's appointment, the baby was ADORABLE..moving so much & punching everything....The nurse doing the ultrasound pointed out the things that are going to be killing me in a couple weeks when the baby started jabbing the sides of my tummy. I'm fairly nervous for those!

Food Cravings: I've had Pizza Hutt twice this week. it sounds delicious for breakfast lunch & dinner...but I'm learning to control these crazy food binges because I'll be paying for it later. & Girl Scout Cookies..........I want some so bad, but they haven't been selling them. I think EVERY Girl craves these regardless of pregnancy hahah.

Any new habits: nothing tooo special.

Things making you sick yet: I've been getting nauseous again, I've been smelling things from MILES away and I swear they are enough to make me pass out. I really can't stand being in public places right now because everybody smells so bad hahahha. It's an awful feeling! I also started getting really bad gag reflexes....I mean I've had them for a couple weeks, but this week they have been acting up hella! Brushing my teeth is a dreadful task...........

Starting to show yet: Yes :) I have a feeling I will be one big mama because my whole body has like swelled up, instead of just a cute little baby bump. Oh well. I've thought of a cute way to not hate the fact I'm gaining wait & become depressed- I just remind myself that my body image just isn't the most important thing anymore because a little baby has made it home for the next 9 months. :) I started getting really sad about gaining all this weight, until l I read things like this & started changing my mentality. Now, I'm completely content with the weight I'm gaining because It means my baby is healthy & living great in there!

Gender prediction: I WAS RIGHT! We have a baby boy on the way!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. When I first found out I had a boy, honestly I was confused at how I felt. Of course, I still loved the baby, but I just didn't know how i felt. After about four hours, I was so sooooooooo excited to have a little baby boy soon! & boys have the cutest little clothes out there now, where have I been? I bought the cutest stuff already.... I'm especially excited to see the amazing bond that Jeff will have with the baby & that I will. It's obvious that a son & fathers relationship is so different than a mother & son relationship, but both have the most amazing things to offer.

Best moment this week: Finding out the gender! It feels so amazing to know what is growing in me now, and It makes this that much more real. <3 I'm so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment