Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gender Reveal Party?

The baby is starting to make an appearance and has decided to make my tummy grow at the speed of light. This isn't just exciting because it means my baby is growing & healthy, and it's not just super exciting because I'm finally getting this cute pregnancy bump (even though I check for stretch marks every .5 minutes and have become obsessed with putting lotion on,) but also because it means were that much closer to finding out if were having a little boy or a little gal!


I am really thinking of having a Gender Reveal Party. Not the traditional way though. Usually couples find out the sex of the baby with the family. I think I will tweak that part a little bit.... Jeffrey and I want to share that moment and find out together! Afterwards (right afterwards because we know we can't keep secrets good,) we will throw a party, a BBQ maybe, and play a lot of games. At the end, we will have had a reeeealllllyy cute cake made with some sort of blue/pink icing in the middle to reveal it. I think we will probably only invite are really close friends & family because are family and friends have been SO involved like more than I ever could have asked for. I want to involve them as much as possible so everyone feels so special.


I haven't put too much thought into what games and decorations we will do, but i need to because it's coming up. I can find out in 6 weeks which puts that date around the end of February. :)



so far these are my ideas......

I love this cake out of all the options I've seen so far!










I'm not going into my labor with a definite name picked out, I've always wanted atleast two or three REALLY good favorite choices & do my final selection after the baby has arrived, but I would love for my family to give some input.








This would be cute and fun, but instead of wearing their guesses, I'm going to set up a photobooth and put things like this on sticks for people to take fun pictures with. Like bows & necklaces & party boas. The boys can wear the mustaches and some fun facial hair stick ons.



It's coming up so I need to start getting more organized and plan this! Any suggestions would be LOVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment