Wednesday, January 4, 2012

11 weeks




This week I hit my 11 week mark. I never understood how girls can keep track of weeks, i mean before I got pregnant I couldn't even remember what yesterday was, but now I understand. So much changes, every week, every day of pregnancy, that it's impossible to not keep track. & it's the only thing on your mind...........always.



So this week I hit 11 weeks. And tomorrow is my second doctor's appointment. I'm really nervous for this doctor's appointment because it's a "screening" for any early birth defects and they'll also be screening me to find out the possibility of a miscarriage. Usually miscarriage screenings aren't included, but my mother had two miscarriages so far along in her pregnancy. She had one right at 8months, and the other at 5 months. The reason she miscarried was because her uterus was abnormally shaped so often the placenta would detach. That's why I asked for this type of screening to be included.

This week I started reading my first pregnancy book and I LOVE IT! I recommend it to everyone. It's called "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" I feel really alone sometimes being pregnant, I know 90% of it is my absolutely ridiculously uncontrollable devil-like hormones, but this book somehow makes me feel connected again with everyone.

Here are some of the changes I've been noticing...

This week's changes:


  • I got my first pregnancy bump! Which I catch myself looking at every time I'm in front of a mirror.




  • I started craving Milk. I didn't think this whole craving thing could be as intense as it's been and I'm sure I haven't even seen the best of it yet, but Jeff's been having to run to the gas station and buy a gallon of milk every other night because I've been drinking 2 full glasses at a time. mmmmmm




  • This week I haven't been to happy with the mood swings I get. I cried listening to my friend tell a story yesterday that wasn't even sad. I feel like a freak hahahah. PMS and mood swings are no joke ladies. I don't get to choose how I feel at this point in pregnancy. I could be watching my favorite movie, painting nails and with friends and still feel "alone." These hormones have me messed up!!!! Can't wait till this stage is long gone




  • I feel I have my energy back which they say was suppose to come at this point. 2nd trimester baby! So much better than my 1st haha.




  • Haven't thrown up in a long long time. I might be in the clear! No more morning sickness




  • Bought my first oil/lotion for stretchmarks which has become my new obsession. I make sure I put it all over my body to prevent as much stretch marks as i can. I don't think I'll get lucky though. They say that if your mother got stretch marks, than you are too as well and it's inevitable. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment