Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hormones maybe?


Before I am a mom, and before I'm a girlfriend, I'm CARRIE. I'm so proud of the person I am, and I'm always working hard to make sure my loved ones are happy... but pregnancy sometimes plays with your emotions.


Coping with stress is one of the hardest things to do pregnant. Your still the same person you were before you got pregnant therefore, the same things aggravate you and upset you, but getting too stressed out hurts the baby so in order to deal with it, I've just ignored everything., and in the process forgotten who I am. I've had my share of mood swings this pregnancy, and currently I have days where I just feel like nothing about me specifically matters, it's everyone else.

Pregnancy is one of the most amazing things life has to offer, but just like everything else in life, there are parts of it that are extremely hard to deal with (any mom who says different is lying! I know it.) I've been left up at nights worried about my new role as a mom, how our financial situation will be, the physical changes to my body are exciting/overwhelming at the same time and lastly, is the adjustments in my relationship.

The best way to handle these things I've realized is talking about it (imagine that?) and making time for myself.

I decided to blog about not just the amazing things pregnancy has offered me, but I wanted to share the challenges too... so for all of you who still have yet to be pregnant, don't feel alone! and hopefully it helps a little to know its all completely normal.

I've read blogs by other mothers, and they really helped shed some light on these problems because the majority of people deal with them.

Things that have helped:
-Relaxing. People say relaxing and many things come to mind, but the best way for me to relax has been by taking baths with some candles haha, and the lights off. It makes me feel at peace! weird? maybe, but afterwards I feel like a million times better
-Keeping Friends, Family and my Baby Daddy<3 in the loop. I go to different people with my different problems and it helps keep me on ground.

Today I feel like a million dollars, and am so proud of my family-to-be. :) I just wanted to ramble a little bit about the struggles that come with this sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment